Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mann
Resolver III
Resolver III

Getting Error Notification for Refresh failure in case of live connection

Hi Guys,

Do we have some way to get error notifications on scheduled refresh failures in case of live connection. I am using Azure analysis services and it is in live connection with Power BI. I set the schedule frequency to 1 hour as of now. If there is some failure during this auto refresh by Power BI services can we get the notification?

If no default option available can this be done using Power BI Rest API?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

As far as I am aware there is currently no way to get notifications for Live Connections.

You might have to have a process using the APIs to see if the Datasource is up and running?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @Gilbert

I checked that recently Power BI team has rolled out a feature to add users who can recieve error notification when scheduled cache refresh fails in case of live connection also.
One can configure this option going to dataset settings --> scheduled cache refresh option.

Thanks
Mann

Hi @Mann 

Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, kindly mark the most helpful answer as a solution. if not, please share more details about your question, we'd like to provide further support. thanks!

If you've fixed by your own, it would be much appreciated if you can share your solution here. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hi Dina Ye,

I have raised a support ticket to Microsoft Power BI support team on this since this option was not sending error notifications on failure. They informed that this is a known issue and product team is working on it. ETA for this fix was 9th Sep 2019. I tested this and still not recieved the error notification.

I will be connecting with the support team again. If this gets resolved will post the solution used.

Mann

That is indeed correct, I forgot about it for the caching refreshing you can have it enabled which will also then notify you if the connection is broken!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors