Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Urba34
Helper I
Helper I

Get refresh history in group

Hello Folks,

I hope you doing well, i'm trying to use this api 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/datasets/getrefreshhistoryingroup

The demo mode rocks ! So it's cool but at the end of the day when i have create the app with all the right needed and when i try to use this api in Power BI i have the message : "Acces forbidden "

I have tried to :

Connect with Microsft Credidentials

Connect With Application ID

Connect With Application ID + token

I would like to know how to authentifacte for using this Api

Thanks a lot,

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Here is my code, see if you can spot any differences.

let
    group = "d9db3715-2ae7-4aa1-aa44-xxx",
    dataset = "9941f7c0-e07e-4382-959c-xxx",
    auth = "Bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOi-xxx",
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/" & group & "/datasets/" & dataset & "/refreshes", [Headers=[Authorization=auth]])),
    value = Source[value],
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(value, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1", {"id", "refreshType", "startTime", "endTime", "status", "requestId", "serviceExceptionJson"}, {"id", "refreshType", "startTime", "endTime", "status", "requestId", "serviceExceptionJson"})
in
    #"Expanded Column1"

I also use Anonymous as the login type.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are not saying what you are using to initiate the calls. Is this Powershell, Power Query, Power Automate?

Thanks for you quick reply

I'm using power query

Regards,

You can run your regular API calls in Power Query, like so :

let
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/gateways/" & GatewayId & "/datasources", [Headers=[Authorization=Authorization]])),
    value = Table.FromList(Source[value],Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(value, "Column1", {"id", "gatewayId", "datasourceType", "connectionDetails", "credentialType", "credentialDetails", "datasourceName"}, {"id", "gatewayId", "datasourceType", "connectionDetails", "credentialType", "credentialDetails", "datasourceName"}),

You can obtain the Authorization token manually (I usually just copy it from the API sandbox) or you can register an app and use the app's token. 

OK thanks i will try this and give you a feedback thantks a lot !

Hi back,

I still have acces forbidden 😢  (see my screen below)

Urba34_0-1597921911101.png

What i'm doing wrong ? What credentials i have to put ? I  try Anonymous because all id comming from the url so .. idk

Thanks a lot 🙂

Regards,

Here is my code, see if you can spot any differences.

let
    group = "d9db3715-2ae7-4aa1-aa44-xxx",
    dataset = "9941f7c0-e07e-4382-959c-xxx",
    auth = "Bearer eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOi-xxx",
    Source = Json.Document(Web.Contents("https://api.powerbi.com/v1.0/myorg/groups/" & group & "/datasets/" & dataset & "/refreshes", [Headers=[Authorization=auth]])),
    value = Source[value],
    #"Converted to Table" = Table.FromList(value, Splitter.SplitByNothing(), null, null, ExtraValues.Error),
    #"Expanded Column1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Converted to Table", "Column1", {"id", "refreshType", "startTime", "endTime", "status", "requestId", "serviceExceptionJson"}, {"id", "refreshType", "startTime", "endTime", "status", "requestId", "serviceExceptionJson"})
in
    #"Expanded Column1"

I also use Anonymous as the login type.

It's WORKING !!!!!!!!

MAN YOU SAVE MY DAY !! 

Thanks a lot ❤️

Good to hear.  What I don't know (but would like to) is to how to harvest the auth token automatically from within the same Power Query script.  I have tried many different things already but so far no luck. Any idea?

Sorry but i really don't know how to do that maybe with a loop ? or a Python Script ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors