Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get license to the users for subscribe to report & access

Hi experts,

Project requirement : Create a paginated report and share it as a pdf attached in mail to different stalkholders. all these stalkholder have only O365 license and the company doesn't have a preminum tenant capacity.

I know that by subscribering to the the report we can achieve it but how about the license of the user who can subscriber

Please give a cost effective solution for it . we can more then 120 user need to subscriber to the report and get mail.

what i know - we should buy a PPC license to add all the users to the WS & PPU for develop and share in WS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

If your organisation has a Premium Capacity licence, then a PPU licence is unecessary. You can use a Pro licence to create a workspace, mark it as Premium Capacity, create content in that workspace, and share that content with free licence holders. If you mark the workspace as a PPU workspace, then only PPU licence holders can view content on it, even though the organisation has a Premium Capacity licence.

Burningsuit_0-1636715095671.png

It is the workspace type that defines what licence is required.

Pro workspace, - content can be shared with Pro and PPU licences.

PPU workspace - content can be shared with PPU licences

Premium Capacity workspace - content can be shared with Pro, PPU and Free licences.

Hope this helps

Stuart

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Burningsuit,

Thanks for the prompt. Please let me know whether this use case works.

one PPU license for developer/one PPC license to create a WS and give access to all the stakeholder. Now my question is whether these user in PPC can be added as subscriber to the paginated reports? or all user still need PPU to subscribe even they where part of PPC tenant.

Hi @Anonymous 

If your organisation has a Premium Capacity licence, then a PPU licence is unecessary. You can use a Pro licence to create a workspace, mark it as Premium Capacity, create content in that workspace, and share that content with free licence holders. If you mark the workspace as a PPU workspace, then only PPU licence holders can view content on it, even though the organisation has a Premium Capacity licence.

Burningsuit_0-1636715095671.png

It is the workspace type that defines what licence is required.

Pro workspace, - content can be shared with Pro and PPU licences.

PPU workspace - content can be shared with PPU licences

Premium Capacity workspace - content can be shared with Pro, PPU and Free licences.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Burningsuit.

Thanks alot for the details appreciated your efforts. I have a pro license and my organisation would be having the PPC license but when i try to create a WS and change it to PPC type i cant able to do it. What does this means. i can able to change the WS to pro or PPU but not PPC

NithiyanandamK_0-1665668955874.png

the PPC selection is grayed out

Hi @Anonymous 

This means that the tenant you're in does not have a Premium Capacity, or if it has a Premium Capacity "A" licence it is not turned on. Check your licences.

Hope this helps

Stuart

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous 

A PPU licence is required to receive emails with the full PDF of a Report. 

Some users have a PPU licence subscription, then user Outlook rules to forward that email on to other Non-PPU licence holders, but this is not optimal as although the Non-PPU users willget the PDF on the email, theu will not be able to view the Report in the Service.

Hope this helps

Stuart  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors