Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kostianius
Regular Visitor

Get data for the 7 days period in PowerBI web version correctly. Is it possible?

Hello, 

I am sorry if it is a wrong forum section (not sure about it) but please tell if there is any possibility to filter data for the last 7 dynamically in order do not to change the report everyday? I am currently using Day as a report filter with Top N -> Last 7 Day - Last Day option (please see attachment) but i am not sure that it is a good solution and that it show real data. and i can not chose last month and last year as well for permanent basis so as Web version does not support it.  Can not use PowerBi desktop so as our Azure Rest API can not provide me with last data (i suppose there will be only current data) but not future data (for example next days, months, years) and i will be forced to add it manually. And also in powerbi desktop version some fields are absent (cost for example) which are present in web version. As for me it is not very good and i do not want to waste my time on recreation of these fields. Thereby i believe that should be simple solution for web version to get the data for the last 7 days on daily basis. If you know how to do it please tell me. Thanks.

http://polariton.ad-l.ink/7yyhqPK6K/image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@kostianius

For this kind of LAST X PERIOD scenario, you can add a column to tag the period, then UNION all LAST X PERIODS into one date period table. Then you can just put the tag column into a slicer for period selection. For more details, please see:

POWER BI – TIME PERIOD SLICER FOR LAST 7 DAYS,LAST 30 DAYS..

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@kostianius

For this kind of LAST X PERIOD scenario, you can add a column to tag the period, then UNION all LAST X PERIODS into one date period table. Then you can just put the tag column into a slicer for period selection. For more details, please see:

POWER BI – TIME PERIOD SLICER FOR LAST 7 DAYS,LAST 30 DAYS..

Regards,

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors