Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

michastauffer
Regular Visitor

Get all Power BI Workspace Admins

Good Morning Community

is there any way to export all Power BI Workspace Admin from a Tenant?

Thanks for your ideas!

4 REPLIES 4
everromanr
Employee
Employee

Did you try using Powershell or REST API?

In this thread there is a solution using the above mentioned.
Solved: How to get list of Admin USers for Individual work... - Microsoft Power BI Community

michastauffer
Regular Visitor

Hi ibarrau

thank you for your response. what we want to do is send an e-mail info to all Power BI Workspace Owners in our Company and i am looking for a way to get these recepients. 

Unfortunately, I don't think that the export report function will help us, because Report owners and workspace owners are not necessary the same people.

Well, using the API with a PowerBI Admin will give you access to anything in the service. But I can't get the idea yet. You can get the users in a group, filter by role and build a list of admins in workspaces, You can also export any report report in any workspace. However you cannot send that report by email with a request. You might need a server running scripts downloading stuff organized in specific folders and sending emails of those reports to the list of admins or something like that.

I hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Even though I'm not sure what is it that you want to do, I can say that there is no such thing as a massive export in Power Bi. Only single clicks for reports, data, etc.

The only automatic way I can think to export (reports) would be using the API Request for it. It will probably take a lot of time, but it might work.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/reports/export-to-file-in-group

I hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors