Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raedt

Get a list of all reports and dashboards in my organization

Hi all,

How can I get a full list of all dashboards / reports created in my organization?

My organization is using O365. I am the admin portal and have access to PBI admin portal site where I can see the "usage metrics". I can see "Number of Dashboards", "Number of User Reports", "Number of Datasets", but only as number, from where i can get the list, the report name, creation date, etc...

Thanks,

RT

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@raedt You can use the REST APIs outlined here to pull everything out of the environment. I've done this using Postman as a ad hoc engine to execute them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/dashboards

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raedt ,

You can use PowerShell to get a list of all reports and dashboards in your organization.

Install-Module -Name MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt
Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount
Get-PowerBIDashboard -Scope Organization | Out-file D:\DashboardList.txt
Get-PowerBIReport -Scope Organization | Out-file D:\ReportList.txt

Annotation 2019-12-20 142714.jpg

powers.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone, I am interested in this topic, on top of this answer, how is it possible to retrieve the company of the user because If have the list of user reports without his line of business to which he belongs, I will have difficulties to sort all the reports? How can i do that please? thank you for your answer!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why on earth would MSFT make it soooooo difficult to get a list of your content - it's one of the most obvious things you'd ever want to do on a PBI Service....absurd!

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raedt ,

You can use PowerShell to get a list of all reports and dashboards in your organization.

Install-Module -Name MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt
Connect-PowerBIServiceAccount
Get-PowerBIDashboard -Scope Organization | Out-file D:\DashboardList.txt
Get-PowerBIReport -Scope Organization | Out-file D:\ReportList.txt

Annotation 2019-12-20 142714.jpg

powers.PNG

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I get below error when I run this code

Get-PowerBIDashboard -Scope Organization -Id a12345bc-d123-1j36-a12b-ab012345kl8e | Out-file C:\Users\amal.eranda\ReportList.txt

Get-PowerBIDashboard : Operation returned an invalid status code 'Unauthorized'
At line:1 char:1
+ Get-PowerBIDashboard -Scope Organization -Id a12345bc-d123-1a23-a12b- ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (Microsoft.Power...owerBIDashboard:GetPowerBIDashboard) [Get-PowerBIDashboar
d], HttpOperationException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : Operation returned an invalid status code 'Unauthorized',Microsoft.PowerBI.Commands.Repo
rts.GetPowerBIDashboard

@Icey can you kindly post how would you get the list of contents from a specific workspace. Thanks a lot

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can also use T-SQL

SELECT
Name,
FullPath = [Path]
,ReportParentPath = REVERSE(SUBSTRING(REVERSE(Path), CHARINDEX('/', REVERSE(Path)), LEN(REVERSE(Path))))
--,[Description]
,*
FROM [dbo].[Catalog]
WHERE 1=1
AND [Type] IN (2,13)
ORDER BY [Path]

SELECT [Type], count(*)
FROM [dbo].[Catalog]
WHERE [Type] IN (2,13)
GROUP BY [Type]

What database are you in for these queries?

@raedt You can use the REST APIs outlined here to pull everything out of the environment. I've done this using Postman as a ad hoc engine to execute them.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/dashboards

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know how using Rest API with Postman please? Especially for this case 

Thank you 

Hi, it seems that rest api is used for embed, and it requires me to enter a URL, so I'm not able to register an app. Can you let me know more details on how to get it set up and use it with Postman please? Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors