Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
codyraptor Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Get Real Time Stock Price in streaming dataset

Hey everyone,

I'm a long time Power BI user.  I've also created a few FLOW processes.  I'm wanting to create 2 simple tiles on my exec dashboard to show the current stock price and the past 5 day trend.  Very simple and should already be in one of many online datasets.  Yahoo Finance, Google Finance, Bloomberg etc...

I know how to create a streaming dataset....I'm stuck on how to actually push data to that dataset.  I need a way to extract the 'current' price...and then the last 5 days.  This can be 2 separate datasets if necessary.  I found the Bloomberg API..but not sure if I need to use that..or use Flow somehow...etc..  Any info/training is GREATLY appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get Real Time Stock Price in streaming dataset

Hi @codyraptor ,

You can create a streaming api to receive records and turn on history data analysis option to record history data.
last price: live card tile with price field.
last 5 day trend: use history dataset to create visual with topn filter.

Push data to a dataset complete code listing

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |
1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Get Real Time Stock Price in streaming dataset

Hi @codyraptor ,

You can create a streaming api to receive records and turn on history data analysis option to record history data.
last price: live card tile with price field.
last 5 day trend: use history dataset to create visual with topn filter.

Push data to a dataset complete code listing

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin Sheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For learning resources/Release notes, please visit: | |