Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Krishnan_V47
Helper I
Helper I

Get List of Users accessing Reports in Power BI Service

Hi All,

I have a workspace with 3 Power BI Reports. I have given access individually to users for all 3 reports in Power BI Service.

For example, User A is given access to Report 1 and 2 and User B is given access to Report 2 and 3.

For Auditing purpose, may I know if it is possible to get the list of users having access to reports in a table format or a report format in Power BI Service, like the below screenshot:

UsersReport
User AReport 1
User AReport 2
User BReport 2
User BReport 3

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilippDF
Frequent Visitor

The simplest solution is to use the metrics report. It gives you lots of insight of the usage of you reports and you don't have to build anything. Make sure to use the toggle the "New usage report" to "on". If you then want to combine multiple usage reports of all your reports I suggest to select "Safe a copy" of each metrics report and simply combine all visuals of intrest into a new dashboard. A dashboard uses visuals or the whole page of existing reports to condense the best infomation like usage metrics reports in your case.

1. Load the usage metrics report

PhilippDF_1-1667904508386.png

2. Toggle "New usage report" in the upper right corner after the metrics report is loaded

PhilippDF_2-1667904568112.png

3. Safe a copy of your report. Upper left corner above the metrics report.

• I advise you to create a new workspace just for the metrics report so that you can manage the access and permission rights better. This needs to be done before you hit "Save a copy" so that you will be able to select the new workspace as the destination for the copy. 

PhilippDF_3-1667904684857.png

PhilippDF_4-1667904897957.png

4. Create a dashboard

PhilippDF_8-1667906432081.png

5. Pin visuals or the whole report page to your dashboard.

• For a single visual click "Edit" after you opened the metrics report. Then pin the visual to you dashboard. Repeat this for all the visuals you want to see in your dashboard. 

PhilippDF_5-1667905681675.pngPhilippDF_6-1667905708570.png

• For a whole report page click the three dots above the metrics report and click "Pin to a dashboard". This is the easiest option I  would say. This way your have all infos in one single dashboard for an overview.

PhilippDF_7-1667906206228.png

Repeat all seps besides step 4 for all your reports 😁

I hope this helps and makes the auditing process much easier ✌️

If you find this helpful please give it a thumbs up and mark it as your solution 👍

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PhilippDF
Frequent Visitor

The simplest solution is to use the metrics report. It gives you lots of insight of the usage of you reports and you don't have to build anything. Make sure to use the toggle the "New usage report" to "on". If you then want to combine multiple usage reports of all your reports I suggest to select "Safe a copy" of each metrics report and simply combine all visuals of intrest into a new dashboard. A dashboard uses visuals or the whole page of existing reports to condense the best infomation like usage metrics reports in your case.

1. Load the usage metrics report

PhilippDF_1-1667904508386.png

2. Toggle "New usage report" in the upper right corner after the metrics report is loaded

PhilippDF_2-1667904568112.png

3. Safe a copy of your report. Upper left corner above the metrics report.

• I advise you to create a new workspace just for the metrics report so that you can manage the access and permission rights better. This needs to be done before you hit "Save a copy" so that you will be able to select the new workspace as the destination for the copy. 

PhilippDF_3-1667904684857.png

PhilippDF_4-1667904897957.png

4. Create a dashboard

PhilippDF_8-1667906432081.png

5. Pin visuals or the whole report page to your dashboard.

• For a single visual click "Edit" after you opened the metrics report. Then pin the visual to you dashboard. Repeat this for all the visuals you want to see in your dashboard. 

PhilippDF_5-1667905681675.pngPhilippDF_6-1667905708570.png

• For a whole report page click the three dots above the metrics report and click "Pin to a dashboard". This is the easiest option I  would say. This way your have all infos in one single dashboard for an overview.

PhilippDF_7-1667906206228.png

Repeat all seps besides step 4 for all your reports 😁

I hope this helps and makes the auditing process much easier ✌️

If you find this helpful please give it a thumbs up and mark it as your solution 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors