Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hema

Get Group email address without having office 365 account.

Hi,
I have a Pro (trial) BI account, but do not have Office 365. I created a group in Power BI, but I cannot see an email address for this group. There are limited group management options as seen in the snapshot.

PBI - Group management options.JPG

I was under the assumption that Power BI 2 was independent of Office 365. Is it not true?

How can I get Group email address without having office 365 account? How do I share my dashboard and content packs with specific groups without email address?

Please guide.

1 REPLY 1
chrichua
Employee
Employee

There is no group mailbox associated with the group if you do not have an Exchange subscription or license. You will not be able to share the dashboard with a Power BI group, but you can share it with a distribution list or security group. You can share the content pack with a Power BI group by resolving the name in the input box (search for the name of the group).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors