Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Expression.Error: The column 'entityName' of the table wasn't found.

Then in Power BI Descktop I try to connect to any of my DataFlow thru DataFlow (Beta)  get

Expression.Error: The column 'entityName' of the table wasn't found.

But no one table on DataFlow has that column 
And all reports that was created previously thru works and refresh fine on Power BI service

Alex_Bo_0-1619187203542.png
After choosing dataflows (Beta) - Get Errors for all dataflows

Alex_Bo_1-1619187248385.png

26/04/2021 UPD: 
Crashed refreshing all reports with DataFlow (Beta) on server:

Alex_Bo_0-1619431839289.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cvillegas 
In desktop seems they fixed it. I can connect to Dataflow (beta)
But on server I still get that error in time refresh, for dataset with Dataflow (beta)

Alex_Bo_1-1619868125706.png

That error for credential

Alex_Bo_2-1619868339598.png

4/05/21 UPD: From 2/05/21 there is no error on server. Looks like they fixed bug with dataflow (beta).

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
cvillegas
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hi all, I didn't get a response back from MSFT again, but I tested the connector again a moment ago and while it's albeit slow. It's functional once again! Please test and let me know! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cvillegas 
In desktop seems they fixed it. I can connect to Dataflow (beta)
But on server I still get that error in time refresh, for dataset with Dataflow (beta)

Alex_Bo_1-1619868125706.png

That error for credential

Alex_Bo_2-1619868339598.png

4/05/21 UPD: From 2/05/21 there is no error on server. Looks like they fixed bug with dataflow (beta).

EvandroBI
Frequent Visitor
filetheo
Frequent Visitor

Having the same issue with Power Platform dataflows (beta) via the Power BI services online.

filetheo_0-1619512225849.png

@Anonymous - when I check the Power Platform dataflows (beta) on desktop, I get the same error on every dataflow as well.

filetheo_1-1619512500430.png

The "normal" Power BI dataflow on desktop works fine but this option is no longer avaliable via Power BI service. 

When I try to copy the Power BI dataflow from desktop to the online service, I keep getting asked to enter my credentials but the sign in keeps getting canceled even when I try to signout and sign in to my organizational account.

filetheo_2-1619512805289.png

Update: I have fixed the problem with the login credentials (I was using the Brave broswer insteaded of Chrome)

For more context, I have several dataflows ("sub_dataflow") that are inputs in another dataflow ("main_dataflow") that is then connected to several reports. 

• The sub_dataflows are connected to SQL and Sharepoint folders as sources and had no prblem updating in the online service
  • Connecting the sub_dataflows to the main-dataflow via the Power Platform dataflow (beta) is where the Expression.Error mentioned above is causing issues.
  • The Power Platform dataflow (beta) connection is what is causing the problem

In the online Power Query service for the main-dataflow, the advanced editor of the sub_dataflow query looks like below which is in the format of Power Platform dataflow (beta) applied steps.

filetheo_0-1619520549652.png

Using Power BI desktop, I connected to the PowerBI dataflow of each sub_dataflow (not available in online services "Get Data") and copy & pasted this into the the applied steps for the online service.

filetheo_1-1619520901321.png

(Sorry for so much blacked out but if you connect dataflows via the desktop you hopeully get the picture)

Now the dataflows work and no error messages are coming up.  

Hopefully this helps for now but I am definelty interested to see a response from Mircosoft as well.

@Anonymous , @Kash_Money , @Anonymous , @cvillegas , @EvandroBI , @mikesmith_bp 

Obrigado, funcionou!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: To use the copied code from Power BI Desktop(Power BI Dataflows) on online Power Query, it will not allow any changes to the dataflow table. It's a sync-table from sub-dataflow. So you need to complete all the transformation in the sub-dataflow and use it in the main dataflow without any change. 

This is the best way to resolve this issue before Microsft to fix this 'Power Platform Dataflow' bug. 

By the way , I heard from microsoft support that this bug will be fixed by the end of April 2021. Maybe it doesn't require any change for those people who are using 'Power Platform Dataflow' on online Power Query. Let's see. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @filetheo , 

Thanks for your update of this issue. It's really helped a lot. 

We are using the same way with yours , the issue occurred in online power query when trying to use Power Platform dataflow. And we connected the sub datafow in main dataflow. 

I tried the way you mentioned , to use the Power BI dataflow to connect the sub-dataflow in Power BI Desktop and copy the code in Advanced Editor to paste in online power query to replace the steps of Power Platform dataflow (which is used for dataflow connecting online). 

It seems there will be no error after the replacement. But when I save and close the online power query, it shows I can't save my dataflow since it's a linked table.  

@filetheo did you encounter this warning?

jackwu_1-1619571601762.jpeg

Thanks!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Ah yes, I have a work around for that as well! lol

Right-click on the query and uncheck the "Enable Load" option.  

filetheo_0-1619599092529.png

Then right-click again and select the "Reference" option 

filetheo_2-1619599246107.png

Now you should see 2 tables - the "sub_dataflow (2)" will be the table that is loaded to the dataflow.

filetheo_3-1619599455070.png

Hopefylly this helps!

- Ted

Kash_Money

Did anyone manage to get a fix for this. I also see dataflow failures since the 21st. Worked fine before the 21st. Did anyone spot a Microsoft change that may have been done as well?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now I find only one way. In advanced editor (Power BI desktop) replace Dataflow(Beta) by Dataflow as datasource. 
And republish it.

EvandroBI
Frequent Visitor

Não mudou nada ainda!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found solution.
In Power BI desktop switch Dataflow(Beta) on Dataflow as datasource and republished reports.

27/04/2021 UPD: After republishing all datasets refreshed fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

By the way , did you just take over the dataflow or dataset owner recently? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

No, I did. I created that dataflows and dataset.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous , 

The case in my side is that we imported a dataflow in another dataflow. We already used the dataflow data source in the past. And in web dataflow power query , there is no other dataflow data source can be switched.

Hey @Anonymous seems that it would work from the PBI Desktop, but the main thing for us is the other parts of the Power Platform like Power Automate and PowerApps. We're on East US 2 and just get the error. Something must've been done with the connector.

If Microsoft would at least put out a statement acknowleging this problem, I could then forward it to my managment and take some heat of me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , I have the same error on our platform. Now we can't import the dataflow data source even from a new created blank dataflow. it shows the same error. 

I'm wondering where your platform data stored in. You can open the setting - Help & Support - About Power BI to find that information. Our data is stored in North Europe (Ireland). I'm curious if this issue just happen in region data platform.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 
Probably it is not related from server.
My data is stored inWest Europe (Netherlands)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors