Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sundreen

'Get Data' missing

Hi. I dont have the 'get data' in the navigation panel. How to solve this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
bchager6
Super User
Super User

The "Get data" arrow is missing from my workspaces too. I'm using the Upload option in the interim.

bchager6_0-1674238653650.png

View solution in original post

edhans
Super User
Super User

These changes are rolling out. I don't see them yet. But read this info on the Dec 2022 blog and it will explain how to do the old things with the new menu.Power BI December 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
edhans
Super User
Super User

These changes are rolling out. I don't see them yet. But read this info on the Dec 2022 blog and it will explain how to do the old things with the new menu.Power BI December 2022 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Yep, thank you, so nothing's wrong with my Power BI 🙂

Sundreen_1-1675069322253.png

bchager6
Super User
Super User

The "Get data" arrow is missing from my workspaces too. I'm using the Upload option in the interim.

bchager6_0-1674238653650.png

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Sundreen ,

The icon circled in the screenshot is used to hide or extend navigation .

vyangliumsft_0-1673854580204.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liu Yang,

yes, I know that. There is no arrow when I extend the navigation.

Hi Sundeen, there is another way to get to that Menu. Please pick the workspace you want to get data and build the dataset and check the "New" menu, then click dataset in order to open the same menu as "Get Data"...

ibarrau_0-1673872831460.png

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

thank you. I did use that option, however, I was following a training step by step and I was supposed to upload a sample. Now I just decided to move to a desktop Power BI and chose a dedicated training.

Same here; I'm doing a LinkedIn course and that depends on the old interface. Looks like @edhans' link explains that the interface is officially changing - so it's not a glitch. I'll struggle on through the course and see how it goes. 

Yeah, that is the problem with learning anything about any Power Platform component, be it book, video, blog, etc. The UI changes so quickly anything older than 6 months is bound to have outdated info and/or screenshots.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can check if the resolution is not removing that zooming out the screen of the browser and looking for the "arrow icon" on the bottom left corner of the navigation pane.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Unfortunately it didn't help 😞 I also cleared cache and restarted my laptop.

My colleagues also cannot see this arrow any more although it still is on Microsoft tutorial. Maybe Microsoft had some update?

Working fine here. It is way at the bottom. Try an incognito browser session. Ensure no blockers could be hiding it from you, or nothing your IT department has rolled out.

edhans_0-1673638128840.png

not working either 😞

IT guys don't see the arrow either

The same here, I am following Linkedin course and have just uloaded Power BI Pro as I have a license for MIcrosoft 365. Have tried dispay resolution etc. .....no effect to see Get Data arrow. I have come across in another Community thread that it coud be due to uploading App instead online version. However that was the only version available under Products-> Power BI Pro.

Hi @JennyYak 

This question has been answered. The "Get data" option has been replaced with an Upload drop-down at the top of the workspace. 😊

Hi Brendan, this is actually works. Thank you for your advise. However the Upload will only let me to get exercise files from my local coumputer and does not let me to upolad from One Drive personal and only presents with One Drive for Bussines and SharePoint options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors