Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samanthamirae
Resolver I
Resolver I

Generate Dashboard Link to share with Anyone without any restrictions/account?

Hi,

My co-worker has a dashboard and is able to send the link to anyone and anyone can view the dashboard/report in the browser (of course, not with the option to edit). She did this a while back and does not know how she got the link. When I try to share my dashboard link it always prompts the user to create an account first.

My coworker's link starts with: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=

I would like to be able to share my dashboard without having to make the user sign up- which is clearly possible because this is exactly what my co-worker is doing!

Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @samanthamirae,

In the Power BI Service, choose "Publish to Web" from the File dropdown

Keep in mind, though, that anyone with the link can view the file. For most of companies, this is a huge security risk, so doing this with any client data or at scale would be a bad idea. With the pricing of Pro, it would make a lot more sense to just pay for a few licenses for whoever needs to view it.

1.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @samanthamirae,

In the Power BI Service, choose "Publish to Web" from the File dropdown

Keep in mind, though, that anyone with the link can view the file. For most of companies, this is a huge security risk, so doing this with any client data or at scale would be a bad idea. With the pricing of Pro, it would make a lot more sense to just pay for a few licenses for whoever needs to view it.

1.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors