Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

slewis
Helper I
Helper I

Gauge Chart is not updating until report is refreshed

I have a gauge that comes up like this when ever the report is opened:

Infinity Gauge.jpg

Then I change the page filters so to eliminate the Infinity values, however when I do that:

NaN Gauge.jpg

The gauge text value comes up as NaN. The tool tip that appears when you hover on the gauge shows the correct value. The NaN does not go away you click on the refresh button at the top of the report.

Is this a bug or a configuration error in the report definition? What's the difference between Infinity and NaN?

(EDIT: Question edited for clarity)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A recent change to the envrionment has rendered the problem unreproducable (the underlying data has changed such that Infinity no longer comes up as default). I guess this issue is closed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @slewis,

Can you please share some sample data for test? It is hard to troubleshooting without any detailed sample data.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft ,

Judging by your response then I can assume that the problem is related to the data and queries rather than the app.powerbi.com website?

I am unwilling to provide the client's confidential data. Is there anyways to simulate a dataset that has infinity values?

Hi @slewis,

So you mean this works well on the desktop side but it displayed error value on power bi service side? If this is a case, what type of filters you enabled on this? 

BTW, 'infinity' display when you try to divide a numeric with zero or 'blank'. 'NaN' normally means your calculated with error values.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

A recent change to the envrionment has rendered the problem unreproducable (the underlying data has changed such that Infinity no longer comes up as default). I guess this issue is closed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors