Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway was not found. Please try to reconfigure the gateway.

I had a gateway already installed on the server and I had done it with my work account which has license . But now when I try to sign in to On premises data gateway configurator , and try to sign in with the same account, I get this error:

masari23_0-1631726186600.png

The gateway is running fine and I can see the gateway in the managed gateways section as well. I even updated the gateway but it did not asked me to sign in. But the updation was also successfull. But as I can recall , it used to ask for sign in before installing a new update. There is only on premises standard mode gateway installed on this particular server.Could you please help out.

It asks me to configure the gateway .

masari23_1-1631726186106.png

What could be the reason for this?

Regards, thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I found out the solution for this. Appraenty the Security Team has applied some kind of patch that would stop communicationg to all external sites and so it was not able to sign in properly. Once they whitelisted all the URL's which are related to Power BI , the problem was resolved. And I was able to sign in to Gateway and see my gateway as well.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
shoman13

Hi Mates,

I have a query about the same.

The on-prem data gateway was setup by a different person.

The person left the organisation.

But he made me the admin for the gateway in the power bi services.

Even though I am the admin, I am not able to sign in. After sign in, it says gateway was not found. Please try to reconfigure.

Is it an expected behaviour? The the email id that was used during the setup can only sign in. And no other email id can be used to sign in.

Please help 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

If you do not have the recovery key you will have to configure the gateway again as a new gateway and setup all the data sources again unfortunately.

Maybe try and restart the server and log in again?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

I am not sure why this happens, but what I have done in the past is to click on Migrate and then use the Recovery key to recover all the On-Premise settings and configuration.

Once that is done it will work as expected.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @GilbertQ When I try to configure the gateway, it does not seem to take any enteries there. The drop down does not show anything and it does not give an option to type anything.error 4.PNG

And what if I don't remember what was the recovery key? Is there any option to get that?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I found out the solution for this. Appraenty the Security Team has applied some kind of patch that would stop communicationg to all external sites and so it was not able to sign in properly. Once they whitelisted all the URL's which are related to Power BI , the problem was resolved. And I was able to sign in to Gateway and see my gateway as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors