Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

dlesandrini
Regular Visitor

Gateway visible at Power Apps site but NOT at in Power BI Manage Gateways

I can install and create an On-Premises Data Gateway on my server, using an Admin PowerBI account and it shows up in the Gateway section for Power Apps.  But the Manage Gateways section of the Power BI page says I have NO Gateways.

I've tried logging in with different admin users, but it doesn't show up.

It all worked with an older version of OPDG I installed months ago.

It started after installing the September version of OPDG, so I uninstalled and reinstalled the August version.  Still doesn't show up in Power BI Gateways.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dlesandrini
Regular Visitor

Ok, I uninstalled the August build and reinstalled the May build, and it worked.  The Gateway is now visible on the Power BI Manage Gateway page.  Go figure.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dlesandrini
Regular Visitor

Ok, I uninstalled the August build and reinstalled the May build, and it worked.  The Gateway is now visible on the Power BI Manage Gateway page.  Go figure.

Hi @dlesandrini ,

Thanks for your update. As the issue is resolved. I will close this thread.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It is resolved, but now I understand what was happening.

There are 2 different PowerBI websites.  One for government … and another for everyone else … except that I can log into both with my Pima County email address.  Once logged on, I am given no clue which one I’m in.

https://app.powerbigov.us/

https://app.powerbi.com/

The gateway was there the whole time, but only visible to the GOV site.  If/when I log onto the correct Power BI site, I see my gateway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors