Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

theu1996

Gateway timeout error

Hi,

At my company, we have developed a number of PBI reports, the majority of which import their data from a series of Excel sheets on our network drives. All of the reports have been running on the same gateway setup and were working fine until last week when every one of them suddenly started sending me the error message below.

BI Refresh Errror.PNG

I can manually refresh a few of them in the Desktop app, where the refresh still works, for the time being but it's not ideal. Could there have been too many reports using the same gateway? And even now if I try to use the refresh button on PowerBI.com, it says it timed out after 3-5ish minutes.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @theu1996 ,

It seems to be a timeout error... Please check if the solutions in the following threads can help you solve problem:

Refresh Failing-Timeout

New Gateway setup timeout

How to set command timeout option

In addition, if the data model is very complexity or the size of dataset is very large, it will cause timeout error. So please try to optimize the data model and reduce the size of dataset.

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
riyadhiut
Regular Visitor

Facing Same problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors