Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TePe
Helper III
Helper III

Gateway spooling storage

Hi,

in this document https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-onprem-indepth it's written that there is a spooling storage and you should use a SSD for that.

I don't see any setting around that somewhere... I'm even in doubt taht this is done on disk space but more in memory. I sometimes see that memory usage on the gateway is getting very high (we have a 32GB VM running it) and then the gateway service stops due to low memory.

How can I monitor spooling storage?

Thanks,

Thomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @TePe,

As far as I know, you cannot set the spooling location to a custom directory, so it is located inside the install-directory of the gateway:

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway\Spooler

So when you install the gateway, make sure the drive you install it on is an SSD.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @TePe,

As far as I know, you cannot set the spooling location to a custom directory, so it is located inside the install-directory of the gateway:

C:\Users\PBIEgwService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\On-premises data gateway\Spooler

So when you install the gateway, make sure the drive you install it on is an SSD.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Hi,

THANKS for the instant feedback! At least that should made clear in the documentation because then you need to monitor drive c: so it doesn't run out of disk space...

So do you have any other idea why the Gateway might need so much memory (eating up 32GB in total)?

Best Regards,

Thomas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors