Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

reymalave
Helper I
Helper I

Gateway not working correctly

Hi guys, 

Today I was trying to configure a schedule refresh for a data set with my on-premises gateway. To my surprise the gateway connection is "not configured correctly". Taking a closer look at the problem I find out is trying to reach a nonexisting DB, is calling just the server as shown in the picture below. I try adding this nameless database to the gateway and it doesn´t work. I also tried to erase the gateway and configuring it again but it shows the same problem. Below you´ll find both the screen with the main error and the error itself. Can someone please help me out?

Thanks, 

Reynaldo

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-23 at 18.29.02.jpegWhatsApp Image 2019-07-23 at 19.48.25.jpeg

11 REPLIES 11
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

When you create a data source you need to make sure that both the server and database can be contacted with the credentials and verified.

You should then select the option from the drop down to get it working?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunately it does not address the issue I described. Connection and credentials are verified and connected except for this nameless database that i dont know where it comes fron

Hi there

When you say nameless database what do you mean by that?

A database name that does not exist?

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

Take a look at the first image. It has a green checkmark and is connected to the server and the db then it has a red X with the same address pointing to a "" (nameless or blank ) database. This is the issue I dont really know why is this connection here and can not erase it.

Thanks,

Reynaldo

@reymalave 

Check in your data model in your pbix file. You may have accidentally created  an erroneous connection. If you remove the connection(attempt) from the model, the gateway will not try to connect to it. Those connections appear because the model tells the service that the connection should exist.

Hi @kcantor ,

Thanks for your reply, I did check the file but did not find anything wrong with it. Can pinpoint where do you think this connection may be? A place I should be checking? 

Thanks,

Reynaldo

Check in query editor as the source may not be set to load and thus may not appear in the datamodel.

You can open query editor in your data model, expand out the query pane on the left side. If you see it there, great! Delete it and you are done. If you do not see it there, you will need to check each query in your model either by clicking into the advanced editor or the gear by the first step in the query where the source is connected to. One of those should have your misbehaving connection.

You are receiving this error because your data model is telling your gateway that this connection exists somewhere within the model. 

Hi @kcantor  @GilbertQ ,

Thanks for your responses. The first thing I did was to check the query and could not find anything. I elevated this issue to customer support. They will be remotely conecting to my computer to see what is actually going on.

@reymalave 

Microsoft is very helpful once a ticket is filed. Good luck. Also, please stop back by and post the solution here if you have time. Perhaps your solution will help others in the future.

Hi there

If you go into the data sources, is it possible that you created to data sources too the same database?

Possibly delete the one that you do not need?

Power BI Blog

Hi @giobertq,

Take a look at the first image. It has a green checkmark and is connected to the server and the db then it has a red X with the same address pointing to a "" (nameless or blank ) database. This is the issue I dont really know why is this connection here and can not erase it.

Thanks,

Reynaldo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors