Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Whiskeybar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gateway not visible for all users

We have an issue since this morning.

Situation:

One gateway  (newest version) running on the server, initially set up by myself

Gateway connections set up for years, working without any problems

One other user, who has been added as gateway admin months ago.

It all worked well, until suddenly today, the gateway dissapeared. The page "Gateways" said, we had no gateway at all and needed to install a new one. When on the server, I tried to login under my email to set up and restart the gateway, the error came: gateway not configured. When I tried to configure the gateway anew there was an error "error creating gateway". I tried to set up a new gateway with my account locally - with the same result.

Then I asked my colleague to do the same - and for him, everything worked perfect. He can see the connection to the gateway, and can configure and fix it all. As for myself, I still see that the gateway has an error. When I open any dataset , I see the list of available gateways endelessly loading:

Whiskeybar_0-1634899144946.png

Whiskeybar_1-1634899213720.png

i would understand if I have got some error message - but this endless loading is just weird.

Any idea why?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Whiskeybar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Microsoft Support came back to us the next day , but the issue was mysteriously solved in the meantime. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Whiskeybar
Advocate I
Advocate I

Microsoft Support came back to us the next day , but the issue was mysteriously solved in the meantime. 

Whiskeybar
Advocate I
Advocate I

UPD: the issue seem to have been resolved (and I suspect it was an issue on Power BI side - and I wish there were more transparent communication here from them). without that we have changed anything, I can see the gateway and all works as normal again today.

I can confirm this. Works for us as well.

brabus
Frequent Visitor

Más de lo mismo, desde anoche no funciona las cargas desde el servicio powerbi, la puerta de enlace no aparece.

hm, i wish someone from Power BI would take a look at this. I can not even get any logs or configuration from my gateway, as it does not allow me to log in. Neither is the installation and configuration of a new gateway possible. And this is with a Pro+Premium  license!

Whiskeybar
Advocate I
Advocate I

After hours of waiting, I got my error message, unfortunately, not too entlightning:

Whiskeybar_0-1634900781101.png

@EUhlich, have you tried with another admin user? Luckily, we could fix it through another user's account who alsa was an admin of the gateway, otherwise it would be a real disaster, as many reports are very important and used by a lot of people in Direct Query mode...

Still, I worry, because I do not know what it has been

We have the same issue here. Gateway is somehow not available/visiable anymore. Same error message.

That's a shame. Can you create and register a new gateway on the same account? because for me, I can not even install a new gateway elsewhere, with strange error message (without any details, just informing me that c reating a new gateway failed).

Glad to hear you were able to "fix" it!

What exactly do you mean? So, another admin user opened the Dataset's Settings and then it all worked again?

First of all, another admin user went to open the on-premises Gateway App on the server, and logged in there with his Email address. Then , the screen "your gateway is online" appeared.

Then he was able to see the gateway in the dataset settings.

Still, when I do the same (having the same rights and even more than that), it does not work, and I get errors I screenshotet above.

Thanks! We will try this 🙂

In my case, this second user was previously already listed as "gateway admin"

EUhlich
Frequent Visitor

Same for us! Our existing dataset has no connection to the gateway anymore. No Gateway showing up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors