Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

Gateway not configured correctly. One or more cloud data sources for this dataset have been deleted

I am using several datasets which are using a SQL database as one datasource and also a separate excel file on sharepoint (setup as a web connection)

What I expect is what I see in the first screenshot (below):

1. The SQL datasource to map to a gateway entry

2. The web sharepoint excel file to map to be 'optional - Add to Gateway'  (Flag set in gateway: Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster). Validate credentials in ‘datasource credentials’

FM_UNI_0-1654548007877.png

What I actually see for most of my datasources which use the same datasourecs (SQL and excel

sources)

1. A message one or more cloud data sources for this dataset has been deleted

FM_UNI_1-1654548213860.png

1. Gateway not configured correctly. Can map the SQL but cannot apply any changes. The web excel file is not 'optional'

FM_UNI_2-1654548213862.png

There have not been issues like this until very recently. The SQL db replaced an AZURE db months ago, with no issues until now. 

I have some datasets where the SQL Server datasource is are working correctly, but other datasources with the same datasource are not working.

In Power BI desktop I can double check that credentials are correct, i have edited credentials where there was any doubt. The same credentials are in gateway for the SQL server database.

Anyone familiar with this type of issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

Issue finally resolved for me by upgrading my Power BI Desktop software. Original dashboards built on 2.76. 

Upgaded to 2.99, republished PBIX files from this software version and then it was possibly to map the gateways. 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
andyor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Exact same issue here. No solution. 

Report is put together in Power BI Desktop with Database User credentials. Published to a workspace and encounter the same problem... also all gateways (that are working for other reports) are unselectable

andyor_0-1665134930290.png

gamos
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue. For me it was this scenario:
1. using Power BI (personal) data gateway
2. PBI desktop report had an Oracle data source that I connected using DirectQuery mode (rather than Import mode)
3. Desktop report was published to PBI service, nothing would show. Report showed the "There is no gateway access to the data source Oracle" error, dataset settings showed the "One or more cloud data soucres" warning.  
My solution was to go back to step 2. and connect to data source in Import mode

@v-yangliu-msft  the warnings when one is using personal data gateway mode should be more precise in future PBI versions.  

FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

Issue finally resolved for me by upgrading my Power BI Desktop software. Original dashboards built on 2.76. 

Upgaded to 2.99, republished PBIX files from this software version and then it was possibly to map the gateways. 

FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

Issue still not solved. I have noticed today that certain issues are being caused by a simple table being entered in the PBIX

If i strip out all non SQL sources (4 queries have SQL Server as source) then i can refresh data in PBI Service

FM_UNI_1-1654881392087.png

If i add a basic table (such as dummy 'test' table in this example), and I upload to PBI Service, then I can no longer map the SQL database to  the gateway. The 'Apply' button and checkbox for the gateway are greyed out

FM_UNI_2-1654881599068.png

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @FM_UNI ,

When "One or more cloud data sources for this dataset have been deleted" appears, it may be that the previous credentials were linked to the user who owns the dataset.

Check the datasource in Manage Gateway or you need to remap the dataset to it in gateway connection.

If the mapping is unsuccessful, you can check whether the User set in the data source has your username.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/gateway-quot-not-configured-correctly-quot/td-p/475932

Here is a link to the relevant content:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Why-is-my-On-Premise-Gateway-quot-Not-Configured-Correctly-...

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Dataset-gateway-not-configured-correctly/m-p/1654420

Whether your gateway is the latest version, if not, you can update to the latest version in the link below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-update

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

thanks @v-yangliu-msft 

Ive tried that option to add 'garbage' and then add proper datasource again. That didnt work unfortunately.

Ive upgraded gateway to the most recent version this week. So far this hasnt made any difference.

Most confusing is that i still get the following message for some datasources 

FM_UNI_0-1654764734558.png

For several datasets which only have a SQL Server as a source

PBI desktop

FM_UNI_3-1654765010669.png

PBI Service

FM_UNI_1-1654764829813.png

FM_UNI
Frequent Visitor

The 'Data source Credentials' and 'Scheduled refresh' sections are greyed out for the problematic datasources

Hi @FM_UNI 

What happens then if you create the data source in the gateway does it then work?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

For the SQL datasource there is a datasource in the gateway which works for certain datasources and not for others

Mappings can be 'applied' on some but not on others.

FM_UNI_0-1654553873863.png

I think you would need to add the other data sources in the gateway first?

Power BI Blog

The datasources are available on at least one of our 3 on premise gateways. When i select and map the sources it still doesnt allow me to 'Apply' the mappings are run a refresh 

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @FM_UNI 

What happens when you click on the data source credentials and click on Edit Credentials below the Gateway sources and put in the credentials there?

GilbertQ_0-1654552629341.png

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors