Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pistachio
Helper I
Helper I

Gateway not able to connect to watchdog servicebus

Running June Power BI Gateway on a remote server. Was operating correctly on Dec 2018 Version.

VPN into server & update gateway, now I have the below errors

Connection to Azure Service Bus seems blocked. To go through the network requirements, visit https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=838271.

Below is the stack trace: 
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): No such host is known
   at System.Net.Dns.GetAddrInfo(String name)
   at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)
   at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)
   at System.Net.Sockets.TcpClient.Connect(String hostname, Int32 port)
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.ServiceBusCheck.TcpClientCheck()
   at Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.HealthCheck.HealthCheckAction.Run(Func`1 checkMethod)

When attempting the Microsoft troubleshooting in powershell it is like I can't resolve the watchdog name:

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Test-NetConnection -ComputerName watchdog.servicebus.windows.net -Port 9350
WARNING: Name resolution of watchdog.servicebus.windows.net failed -- Status: No such host is known

ComputerName   : watchdog.servicebus.windows.net
RemoteAddress  :
InterfaceAlias :
SourceAddress  :
PingSucceeded  : False
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
pistachio
Helper I
Helper I

For update, this is now working but I have no idea how.

I tried a (4th) restart the morning after this issue and it connected fine. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pistachio
Helper I
Helper I

For update, this is now working but I have no idea how.

I tried a (4th) restart the morning after this issue and it connected fine. 

hi, @pistachio 

It's pleasant that your problem has been solved, Smiley Very Happy

I suspect that it is a temporary issue.

Please accept the reply as solution to close this thread as the issue is resolved now.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @pistachio 

I would suggest you create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Once you submit the ticket, you will get an email from support@mail.support.microsoft.com. Someone from the  Microsoft support team will contact you.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-create-a-support-ticket-in-Power-BI/ba-p/6830...

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors