Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nhoward
Resolver I
Resolver I

Gateway management in the Service - what have they done

Why did they change the Gateway Management interface!!  It is so confusing now. 

I have no way of trouble shooting why a report is failing to refresh. 

2 REPLIES 2
Hariharan_R
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

The new interface has a organized section for mulitple gateways and data sources for each gateways. 

What is the exact issue that you want to troubleshoot which is difficult now?

Ref- https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot

Thanks

Hari

I have an email about a refresh failure.  

So I go to the PBI Service, locate the report and its dataset.  No mention there of which gateway it belongs to.  

Then I can't find a place that tells me the data sources in that dataset - had to go back to PBI desktop to get those. 

Then I find the buried link to gateway management, only to find it completely changed - being in a hurry I wasn't impressed. 

I finally find 'Lingeage' of the dataset which does show sources and gateway.  Figure out that the gateway is on an old server, so need to reassign the sources to the new gateway. 

Armed with my data source name, i go back to the new gateway management data source list.  However, by data source is not listed.  Plenty of other data sources linked to the old gateway, but not the one I'm after.  Now What. 

Back on the lineage page, I click on the data source icon, and a side bar displays, which has a link - Connection Status unable to connect 'Go To Settings'.  Yeah, it opens the original gateway management, now I know what I'm doing. 

How does one to get to this page, without 6million clicks?

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/xxx/settings/datasets/xxx

Now I have a few more hours figuring out how to cleanup my list of data sources. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors