Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Gateway management broken in pbi service

It is Friday, 05-13.

Is there a recent software change that broke the gateway administration in the portal?  I checked for service health issues and cannot find any alerts. 

…Whenever I use the gear in the upper right, and try to manage my gateway, it takes me to this screen:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/e781c4e1-76a7-44e3-924a-9cd7a8d8ea11/gateways

dbeavon3_2-1652451566978.png

This is not the screen I’m looking for.  The one I expected to see is this the normal one:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/data-integration/gateway/service-gateway-manage

dbeavon3_1-1652451500689.jpeg

There appears to be no way to manage datasources.  I am trying to set/correct an oauth2 identity.  This is urgent.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Update:  I spoke with someone who knows more than I do.  This is a known problem.  It is not yet being reflected in the PBI service health status page.

As I understand, the customer support team will be able to give you a workaround if you contact them.
Today is Friday, and it is odd to see a software deployment of this kind going into production.  IMHO Mondays are a better time to break production, since nobody likes Mondays anyway....

View solution in original post

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Everything is back up and running for me now (1 PM Eastern on Friday).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Update:  I spoke with someone who knows more than I do.  This is a known problem.  It is not yet being reflected in the PBI service health status page.

As I understand, the customer support team will be able to give you a workaround if you contact them.
Today is Friday, and it is odd to see a software deployment of this kind going into production.  IMHO Mondays are a better time to break production, since nobody likes Mondays anyway....

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Everything is back up and running for me now (1 PM Eastern on Friday).

Hi @dbeavon3 ,

Do you know how to get to the MS support team? 

Tutu_in_YYC
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hey,

There is an update on the Gateway management page, that why you see the new page. But it has issue loading right now.

Yup it is a could be a global issue. I manage a few tenants, and they all failed to load today. Im sure a ticket has been submitted to Microsoft.

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@Tutu_in_YYC Thanks for the reply.  Wish Microsoft would update their service health page so that dozens of their users aren't flailing about in confusion.

The service health screen almost always shows green checkboxes, even when stuff is broken.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

It is normally the second or third day of a problem before the PG team considers making an update to this information.  Otherwise they prefer to withhold information as long as possible and let their customer struggle.  

>> Im sure a ticket has been submitted to Microsoft.

Well,  that assumes they aren't flailing about.  The portal's user interface is pretty terrible even on a good day, so it took me a while to convince myself that things were broken.

I will see if I can ask someone in the support team to consider updating the service health pages.

@dbeavon3 wrote:

The service health screen almost always shows green checkboxes, even when stuff is broken.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Lol yup!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors