Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

grapefruitmoon
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gateway issue with Exchange and on-prem SQL Server

Hey all - I have a Power BI report that has 2 data sources, an on-prem SQL Server and an Exchange Online mailbox. When I try to set this up for refresh on the Service, I get an error message on the Gateway, saying that Exchange cannot be added to the Gateway. Has anyone seen this, or know of a workaround for it? Seems a bit odd as they can both be refreshed if added as separate datasets, but this wouldn't work for the report. The Gateway status is "Not configured correctly", as shown in the attached image. Anyone come across this or know of any workarounds? Cheers!

gateway.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @grapefruitmoon ,

Maybe you can try to turn on 'Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster' option to use gateway to manage cloudy datasoruce.

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @grapefruitmoon ,

Maybe you can try to turn on 'Allow user's cloud data sources to refresh through this gateway cluster' option to use gateway to manage cloudy datasoruce.

Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

So happy I stumbled upon this post.  I had been looking for the answer to this problem for a while.  Thanks to both of you @grapefruitmoon and @v-shex-msft for asking and answering the question respectively!

Ah, I didn't think of that option! Tried it and it works a treat, thank you so much @v-shex-msft !

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors