Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CSpina
Helper III
Helper III

Gateway is offline when scheduled using mysql

Hi, there.

I am testing a report but I always get an error the refresh is scheduled, it works only on demand refresh. I am quite sure the problem is not the mysql sever, because it is set up in a good Internet provider. And sometimes the scheluded reports works.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

2020_05_13_15_14_56_Window.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CSpina ,

Would you please keep your gateway on the latest version. If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

I'm sorry I can't understand the language of this error message. If you are using personal gateway. Ensure machine (or laptop) on which you've installed personal gateway is not sleep or turned off and is on connected to the network. When installing personal gateway you would have a little warning that would have said if laptop goes to sleep mode or turned off personal gateway will be offline.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Thanks @v-deddai1-msft ,

In fact I am not using a personal gateway, my report connects direct a mysql server, I will try change the server  address for an ip address.

Thanks again

You need to configure a gateway on the machine where your source data located if your data is not in the cloud.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

If I can read the error message it is saying that the Gateway is offline.

If you can confirm that your Gateway server not only has got a good internet connection, but that it is always accessible (You can log into the server at all times)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors