Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cailloux
Frequent Visitor

Gateway intalled but not showing or working

Hi,

I've installed the "On premise Gateway" following steps, but nothing changed or seems updated on the "Manage gateways" panel, I have a "no gateway" installed over and over, when at the same time o-premises data gateway is "ready", what

What am I missing ?

Thanks a lot

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's now showing as gateway, but only after the "On-premises data gateway (personal mode)" installation, so its now depending on updates from my Desktop, next step would be to understand how to manage updates from server / service... and probably to understand the basics of these

Thanks for your help !

Cailloux

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cailloux,

Did you log in the Gateway with the same account you used in Power BI service?

Can you see the anything in the Manage Gateway like below? If you can see it, you need to add data source yourself. 

Gateway-intalled-but-not-showing-or-working

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@cailloux Is the server that you installed the gateway on part of the tenant?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Thanks for your answers, I'm checking this

So it seems we don't have the Power BI service installed in my organization.

When I installed the PowerBIGateway I choose the recommended option below

image.png

This installation assked me some credentials I don't have (IT entered a login/password) so maybe the gateway is asociated with another acount.

Here is what I see when I'm logged in Power BI (I don't see the )

image.png

In the beginning I just wanted to refresh a shared model whithout republishing athen resending new model links to a lots of people everytime (by mail...) and it sent me here (sorry I'm going in circles....)

image.png

If you know the good tutorial I should read tell me !

Cailloux

Hi Cailloux,

Please refer to the snapshot below and the @Seth_C_Bauer's answer.

Gateway-intalled-but-not-showing-or-working2

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

It's now showing as gateway, but only after the "On-premises data gateway (personal mode)" installation, so its now depending on updates from my Desktop, next step would be to understand how to manage updates from server / service... and probably to understand the basics of these

Thanks for your help !

Cailloux

@cailloux The credentials that were input when the gateway was installed on the server are the same credentials that need to log into the Power BI Service initially - app.powerbi.com

Then that user needs to go to Settings - manage gateways - administrators and add you if you should be an admin. Otherwise, that user needs to create data sources on the gateway, and add your user account as a user on the data source so that you can see it when you publish your dataset.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors