cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Njokuchuma

Gateway for 2003 server

I am trying to install Gateway on windows 2003 server and it's showing that the gateway is not compatible with the server version.

Please can I get a gateway that's compatible with windows 2003 server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Njokuchuma ,

First of all, gateway is for Power BI Service, not Power BI Report Server. So I will move your post from Report Server forum to Service forum to help you get more faster and more effective help.

Then for your question, if you want to install gateway on your device, there are some minimum requirements:

Icey_0-1645681769055.png

And here are some related considerations:

Icey_1-1645681829691.png

Reference: Install an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

Therefore, it is not supported to install a gateway on Windows 2003 Server.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Njokuchuma ,

First of all, gateway is for Power BI Service, not Power BI Report Server. So I will move your post from Report Server forum to Service forum to help you get more faster and more effective help.

Then for your question, if you want to install gateway on your device, there are some minimum requirements:

Icey_0-1645681769055.png

And here are some related considerations:

Icey_1-1645681829691.png

Reference: Install an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Docs

Therefore, it is not supported to install a gateway on Windows 2003 Server.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Njokuchuma wrote:

Please can I get a gateway that's compatible with windows 2003 server?

No you can't. You need to be running at least Server 2008R2. But ideally you should run the latest version possible in order to be as secure as possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

Thank you 2022 Review

2022 Monthly Feature Releases

We had a great 2022 with a ton of feature releases to help you drive a data culture.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors