Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway error - Refresh failed due to gateway configuration issues - same source new report

I am using a Enterprise Gateway and the report I am working on has 2 connections. 1 to a excel spreadsheet on SharePoint and the other an ODBC connection. An existing version of the report works fine, with the gateway connections enabling a scheduled refresh.

I then create a new report with the same dataset, but when I publish it fails on refresh with the error shown below (paths and conection string changed to xxx)...

Refresh failed due to gateway configuration issues.
This dataset requires a properly configured gateway in order to refresh.If you're using personal mode, please make sure your gateway is online.If you're using enterprise mode, please make sure you've added the following data sources in the Gateway Management PortalWeb { url : "xxx.xlsx" } ODBC { connectionString : "dsn=NetSuite" } ODBC { connectionString : "xxx" }
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity ID: b90be023-f9ae-481f-9ed6-d23b784aee31
Request ID: b14a7c01-7789-73f1-63a7-658efa1bfcb2
Correlation ID: 3db2cae2-5dcb-8b49-45f0-6cd1b4077761
Time: Tue Jul 16 2019 11:51:15 GMT+1000 (Australian Eastern Standard Time)
Version: 13.0.9933.297
Cluster URI: https://wabi-australia-southeast-redirect.analysis.windows.net

Any suggestions would be appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to solve this issue and would like to share my solution in case there is anyone else out there using NetSuite in the Cloud with Power BI. 

1. You first need to install the correct ODBC driver for NetSuite (32 or 64 bit) both on your development machine and the server where your gateway is installed. Configure and test both to ensure they connect.

2. Build and test your report in Power BI desktop using the ODBC connection and make sure your report refreshes correctly and then publish to the Power BI Service.

3. Make sure your Data Source Name matches the name of the ODBC connection your created on the gateway server.

4. This is the important bit - add the connection to the gateway. When configuring the connection on the gateway, you must enter the following in the Connection String "Driver=NetSuite Drivers 64bit;Dsn=NetSuite;sdsn=NetSuite.com;hst=yourcloudodbcserver.netsuite.com;prt=1708". NB: this was posted on a NestSuite forum and without these setting I was unable to get the connection to work and the report data to refresh.

5. I used basic authentication and my netsuite username & password. This allowed me to make the connection and also reuse this connection for other reports.

Hope this helps anyone else having issues reporting from NetSuite in the Cloud and Power BI.

Cheers

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to solve this issue and would like to share my solution in case there is anyone else out there using NetSuite in the Cloud with Power BI. 

1. You first need to install the correct ODBC driver for NetSuite (32 or 64 bit) both on your development machine and the server where your gateway is installed. Configure and test both to ensure they connect.

2. Build and test your report in Power BI desktop using the ODBC connection and make sure your report refreshes correctly and then publish to the Power BI Service.

3. Make sure your Data Source Name matches the name of the ODBC connection your created on the gateway server.

4. This is the important bit - add the connection to the gateway. When configuring the connection on the gateway, you must enter the following in the Connection String "Driver=NetSuite Drivers 64bit;Dsn=NetSuite;sdsn=NetSuite.com;hst=yourcloudodbcserver.netsuite.com;prt=1708". NB: this was posted on a NestSuite forum and without these setting I was unable to get the connection to work and the report data to refresh.

5. I used basic authentication and my netsuite username & password. This allowed me to make the connection and also reuse this connection for other reports.

Hope this helps anyone else having issues reporting from NetSuite in the Cloud and Power BI.

Cheers

John

Thanks for letting us know John, it will certainly help others.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

It would look like one of the datasets is not configured?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors