Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

Gateway data source works for one Office365 Account but not for another

I have an Office 365 account with PowerBI Pro, lets call it Acc365_A.
Using this account i  installed the Pn Premises gateway.

I was then able to set up a gateway & data source that connects to a tabular cube on my internal LAN & importing data works. All good so far.

I created a second office 365 account called Acc365_B.

I first grated this account admin privileges on the gateway and tried to Import data. 
I select SQL Server Analysis Services >MyDataSource. I expect to see the database name but i get the eror "login failed for user".

As the gateway simply passes the login username and password from the gateway to the database, and both 365 accounts are using the same gateway, i dont know why i can import data from this datasource for Acc_A but not for Acc_B.

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

Update, I got this sorted.

It seems the original account i set up the gateway with was mapped already to a local user. The 2nd account, Acc_B was not and so was getting a failed login.

I had to "Map User Names" for Acc_B and map it to the local LAN account.

Not sure why I didint have to do this with the Acc_A, but at least i have an avenue for investigation.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wilson_smyth
Post Patron
Post Patron

Update, I got this sorted.

It seems the original account i set up the gateway with was mapped already to a local user. The 2nd account, Acc_B was not and so was getting a failed login.

I had to "Map User Names" for Acc_B and map it to the local LAN account.

Not sure why I didint have to do this with the Acc_A, but at least i have an avenue for investigation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors