Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lubosbednar
Helper II
Helper II

Gateway connection doesn't respond (schedule refresh)

Hi guys,

Have you already experienced behavior that you are not able to set up scheduled refresh? Geteway connection part of schedule refresh setting doesn't respond (see screenshot below). Even if I have datasets which have only online sources (doesn't need gateway), I'm not able to use "Connect directly" and click Apply. It throws error. Does anyone knows why it happens?

Thanks,

Lubos

I want to select Connect directly and ApplyI want to select Connect directly and ApplyError when I click on ApplyError when I click on Apply

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@lubosbednar

A data base cleanup is done by the PBI team. Could you please check your gateways to schedule a refresh again?

If issue still persists, could you please give an email to us? I'll provide your contanct information to other senior engineers. They may reach out you for more details.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@lubosbednar

How about the result if you remove this Dataset and reconnect it?

Best Regards,

Herbert

It doesn't work with any other dataset which I have in any workspace. So it doesn't seems to be related to dataset. I've also tried to uninstall gateway. Then I tried to install gateway again. But nothing helped.

@lubosbednar

Have you tried to edit data source credentials? You can also try to clear the cache of the browser and check in browser private mode to see if it helps.

Best Regards,

Herbert

I tried, but it also occurs in every other dataset which I have. At some of the dataset there is even Data source credentials grayed out. I also tried to use browser private mode and clear browser's cache, but nothing helped.

However, I spotted that there is mentioned my personal email address in "This dataset has been configured by username@domain (see the screenshot). I'd expect that there will be main work email address of our tenant, which I use for log in. So it could be somehow related to this and O365 setting. But I have no idea how it is possible that there appeared my personal email address.

PowerBI_error4.png

@lubosbednar

Do you mean that you use the account of ***@gmail.com to log in Power BI Service?

As far as I know, Power BI requires that you use a work, or school, email address to sign up. Power BI does not support email addresses provided by consumer email services or telecommunication providers. This includes outlook.com, hotmail.com, gmail.com and others.

Best Regards,

Herbert

I'm attaching additional screenshot.

PowerBI_error5.png

I have exactly the same problem. I'm logged into Office365 using my work account, then I launch PowerBI via the Office365 menu. It doesn't ask me to log in again. I'm having the same problem scheduling a refresh and the message at the top of the dataset screen says that the dataset was created by my personal email account.

@lubosbednar

1. Could you get a screenshot of your gateways under “Manage Gateways”? I would like to see how these are set up and if they are also registered to your gmail.
2. Do you log into your computer using a gmail account?
3. If you use “Get Data” in the online service to pull a local excel file into Power BI, do you still receive this error, and does that dataset show as registered to your gmail?
4. In your O365 settings is your gmail listed as your alternative account?

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks for your reply.

1) PowerBI_reply1.png

2) No, I log in using local computer account (not linked with gmail)

3) Yes, I'm not able to upload neither pbix nor xlsx file into Power BI service.

4) I'm not aware of this. Where I could find it? I don't see it in O365 admin portal.

Any other user account in our organization works properly. It has been very irritating already. 

Thanks,

Lubos

@lubosbednar

Could you please take some fiddler traces for us while the error is occurring? You can take a look at this video.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Here is the link with trace in Fiddler: Powerbi.saz. Since I have removed all datasets from my workspace and I cannot create or upload any new. I traced opening powerbi.com and attempt to import one of my pbix file. The import ends with error message below.

PowerBI_reply2.png

Hope it will be helpful.

Thanks, Lubos

@lubosbednar

Thanks for your trace. Could you please also check if your alternate account is set to your gmail, go to the O365 personal info page: https://portal.office.com/account/#personalinfo
Under “Personal Info” and “Contact Details” there is an alternate email account section.

Gateway connection doesn't respond (schedule refresh)_1.jpg

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks, yes there is my personal email. However, I cannot remove the alternate email from there. So it will not solve the problem. 

Fortunatelly, I was able to publish one of my pbix into the service after 3 weeks, so there is some progress. However, schedule refresh is still stucked in loading of gateways and error appears when I click on Apply.

PowerBI_error1.png

@lubosbednar

A data base cleanup is done by the PBI team. Could you please check your gateways to schedule a refresh again?

If issue still persists, could you please give an email to us? I'll provide your contanct information to other senior engineers. They may reach out you for more details.

Best Regards,

Herbert

@v-haibl-msft I'm having the same problem with my personal address being used even though I never entered it!

Any ideas?

@v-haibl-msft I'm having the same problem with my personal address being used even though I never entered it!

Any ideas?

@v-haibl-msft Thanks Herbert! It helped. Now, I was finally able to deploy pbix file and schedule refresh. 

No, I'm using work domain @intecs.cz to log in. Therefore it is wierd that it shows my personal address instead. I have no power bi account on gmail.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I have not experienced this particular issue recently but have seen intermittent problems, particularly around the refresh functionality of Power BI. I would send a frowny face to support and include the screen shot of the error and an explanation of the problem. Probably the quickest way to get it resolved.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks, I also sent the frawn. Hope they will help me. I've also found out that t seems somehow related to my power bi account. Because If the same make any other user of the same tenant it works.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors