Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nbryska

Gateway connected but still no gateway access

I have a PBI file which connected to my companies dataset which is in the PBI data universe. I have linked a locally saved Excel file to this as well. When trying to open this in the online application I received an initial Gateway error message. I set up a Gateway to the local file and it says the connection was successful but I am still getting the below error when trying to view the dataset in the online application. Do I need to connect a datasource to my companies data universe data set as well?

Nbryska_0-1645638143942.png

Nbryska_1-1645638238627.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

If you click the three dots next to your dataset in the service and click "Settings".

There is then a section for gateway connections which needs each source mapping to the gateway connection you've built.

If anything runs through the gateway then everything needs to so yes you might need to add an extra source however that page should direct you.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

If you click the three dots next to your dataset in the service and click "Settings".

There is then a section for gateway connections which needs each source mapping to the gateway connection you've built.

If anything runs through the gateway then everything needs to so yes you might need to add an extra source however that page should direct you.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors