Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JonasKjersgaard

Gateway cluster with data from two sources on different domains

Hi all,

I currently have a dataset that combines data from two SQL servers located on different domains (the domains are in the same tenant)

I have installed on-prem gateway on both, and if run separately they work fine. However, when I try to combine them in one cluster, as I need in order to update the data from both sources, I get the following message "This data source cannot connect to all gateway instances of the cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance" - even though it says the connection are fine.

Is it possible to make a cluster with gateways to two different servers on two different domains?

Thanks! 

Jonas 

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JonasKjersgaard,

I haven't found any accurate limitation mentioned in document, but I think current gateway cluster only works on same domain.(in same domain with primary gateway)

Perhaps you can try to setting proxy of external gateways, then primary gateway able to access/manage them.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Okay, thanks.

Do you have a guide on how to do that?

Thanks
Jonas

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors