cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gateway cluster with data from two sources on different domains

Hi all,

I currently have a dataset that combines data from two SQL servers located on different domains (the domains are in the same tenant)

I have installed on-prem gateway on both, and if run separately they work fine. However, when I try to combine them in one cluster, as I need in order to update the data from both sources, I get the following message "This data source cannot connect to all gateway instances of the cluster. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance" - even though it says the connection are fine.

Is it possible to make a cluster with gateways to two different servers on two different domains?

Thanks! 

Jonas 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Gateway cluster with data from two sources on different domains

Hi @JonasKjersgaard,

I haven't found any accurate limitation mentioned in document, but I think current gateway cluster only works on same domain.(in same domain with primary gateway)

Perhaps you can try to setting proxy of external gateways, then primary gateway able to access/manage them.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Re: Gateway cluster with data from two sources on different domains

Okay, thanks.

Do you have a guide on how to do that?

Thanks
Jonas

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors