Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kashinoda
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gateway: UPN mapping everyone to the same admin user

Been stuck on this for hours, if anyone has a clue it'll be much appreciated!

I have the On-Premesis Data Gateway setup and connected to my Analysis Server and Database.

I've remapped user names i.e.

Custom Data

Replace: @mydomain.com With: @mydomain.intra

I've published a report to my App Workspace and published the App. I've noticed my roles don't seem to work and everyone has access to everything. I added a USERNAME() measure to the report and sure enough it reports everyone as being logged in as MYDOMAIN\admin

I've tried various combinations to no avail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kashinoda
Advocate I
Advocate I

Solved this, for anyone else who has this error.

When creating the SSAS connection use a fully qualified domain name. I.e. I was using MYDOMAIN which connected without issue, but the Effective User Name wouldn't map until I altered the SSAS connection to use mydomain.intra.

Hadn't come across this before.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kashinoda
Advocate I
Advocate I

Solved this, for anyone else who has this error.

When creating the SSAS connection use a fully qualified domain name. I.e. I was using MYDOMAIN which connected without issue, but the Effective User Name wouldn't map until I altered the SSAS connection to use mydomain.intra.

Hadn't come across this before.

Hi,

I am facing the same issue. What do you mean by SSAS connection. 

Is this datasource conncection to cube in power serive or while accessing retrieving the data from SSAS tabular model(Visual studio).

Can you please provide some detail information. Thanks !

I was referring to the Data Source Settings, see the pictures below. Even though the standard domain will connect to the database you should use the fully qualified domain, then you can map the effective user name as usual. I haven't had this issue before but it worked for me.

Untitled.pngUntitled2.png

Thanks @Kashinoda

In my case its working after relacing firstname.lastname@mydomain.com to networkid@mydomain.local

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors