Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Speed
Regular Visitor

Gateway - The key didn't match any rows in the table

Hi all,

I have a problem with one of our reports. The Report connects to a MySql Database and everything worked well until we added 2 new tables from the same database. From the pbix file the data refresh works without problems but when the Powerbi Service tries to get the data via our on-premise data gateway we get this error:

There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The key didn't match any rows in the table."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[Schema = \"<db name>\", Item = \"<table name>\"]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Table","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"Name\", \"Data\", \"Schema\", \"Item\", \"Kind\"}, {})"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: <table name>.

The gateway is up to date. I already tried to remove the whole Report incl Dataset and pushed it again, I pushed it to another workspace but nothing fixed the error.

When I remove the 2 tables the refresh is working again. Is there some cached data that doesn't recognize the 2 new tables? How can I fix this?

Best

Alex 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Speed

Based on my test, the error message in subject would be caused by missing tables/views, either dropped or the user set in data source don't have access to. Please check the highlighted part in your refresh history to determine what is the problematic table.

Annotation 2020-03-19 164113.png

Also make sure that you've set the correct user with sufficient premission in the data source of your gateway. If the user is correct, try to delete and re-create the data source. If it still doesn't work, try to save your pbix in another name and publish it as a new report.

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
csolutions
Frequent Visitor

Are any of the fields of the new tables formatted as date? I had the same issue. Removed all date formats (left as text) and then within the desktop file - reverted back to date format. That seemed to fix my issue. 

Thanks for the response.

Unfortunately not 😞 In the new tables there are only Text and Numbers, no dates.

Hi @Speed

Delete the data source which you have configured before then re-configure it in service.

Here is the reference.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Hi @v-kelly-msft 

thanks for the hint but I get the same error after readding the data source 😞

Best

Alex

Hi @Speed

Based on my test, the error message in subject would be caused by missing tables/views, either dropped or the user set in data source don't have access to. Please check the highlighted part in your refresh history to determine what is the problematic table.

Annotation 2020-03-19 164113.png

Also make sure that you've set the correct user with sufficient premission in the data source of your gateway. If the user is correct, try to delete and re-create the data source. If it still doesn't work, try to save your pbix in another name and publish it as a new report.

Best Regards,
Kelly

@v-kelly-msft Thanks for the hint. After a check with the DBA we noticed that he gave access to the new tables to the user readonly@<dev_server> but not the user readonly@<gateway_server>.

Best

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I had the same problem.

I got message: UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Information is needed in order to combine data"}}
And it was connected to how I combine the data. In power query I couldnt merge data form table (data from computer disc C) and form different table (form jira or from sharepoint) even privacy level was the same.
I just didnt merge this data in power query, I did it in DAX by "related", and then refresh is working ok.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors