Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway Sharepoint Error -2147467259

Hi I'm trying to connect my gateway to a sharepoint list and I'm getting the following errorerror.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution I found was to use the Personal Gateway. Then add the SQL on premise to it, and the Sharepoint list just needed my credentials. It worked perfefctly an keeps running with scheduled refreses.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Fiala
Helper II
Helper II

Hello, I have the same problem with connection on PBI Cloud. I´m trying to connect and i get an error:

• Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid. (Source at https://telcocloud.sharepoint.com/sites/PrevdzkaCCOperations.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_Un...
  • Cluster URIWABI-NORTH-EUROPE-N-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
  • Activity ID8ee43327-95ef-48a1-8337-935d0d3118c4
  • Request ID2358cd56-df61-0ddd-2d20-1876f5fd3323
  • Time2023-10-12 12:03:54Z

In PBI Desktop refresh works without any problem. Thank you for any advice. 
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

The solution I found was to use the Personal Gateway. Then add the SQL on premise to it, and the Sharepoint list just needed my credentials. It worked perfefctly an keeps running with scheduled refreses.

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

The 400 ERROR means a bad http request. Please updata on-premise gateway to the lastest version. If you already have updated the gateway to the latest version, then you can refer to steps below for troubleshooting.

1. Check if the server is using a proxy and the proxy. Some proxies restrict traffic to only ports 80 and 443. By default, communication to Azure Service Bus will occur on ports other than 443.

2. You can force the gateway to communicate with Azure Service Bus using HTTPS instead of direct TCP. You will need to modify the Microsoft.PowerBI.DataMovement.Pipeline.GatewayCore.dll.config file. Change the value from AutoDetect to Https. This file is located, by default, at C:\Program Files\On-premises data gateway.

3. Restart the gateway and check if the issue persists. 

• To stop the service, run this command:

''' net stop PBIEgwService '''

• To start the service, run this command:

''' net start PBIEgwService '''

4. You may export the data gateway log by selecting Diagnostics and then selecting the Export logs link near the bottom of the page. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem-tshoot#tools-for-troubleshooting.

similar error question refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/We-could-not-register-this-data-source-for-any-gateway-instances/m-p/605338 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I found this helpful. It seems to be that it's not neccessary a gateway when we work with sharepoint lists.

Solved: Sharepoint Gateway Connection Failure - Microsoft Power BI Community

No, it isn't necessary, but it won't cause an error. You can allow the gateway to manage cloud resources in the gateway config on line. That can be useful if you are mashing up an Online SharePoint list with an on-prem datasource. See Merge or append on-premises and cloud data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs for info about doing this. It is a simple checkbox, but can be very handy.

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

It appears that you cannot connect to the dataset, if you can ensure that you have correctly configured the data source settings?

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have two datasets. The first from SQL server and the second from a Sharepoint List. I successfully connected both of them to Power BI and I was trying to make an schedule refresh with the gateway.

Hi @Anonymous 

Yeah that should be working if it successfully is connected in the gateway data sources?

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors