Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mshilendhari
Frequent Visitor

Gateway - SharePoint List & SAP HANA Direct Query

Hi all,

I have a report in which there are two sources,

1. SharePoint List

2. SAP HANA connection in Direct Query mode

Per my understanding, SharePoint list does not require a gateway. However, once I added the HANA source in direct query mode, PBI service is requesting for a gateway. I understand that a gateway is required for the HANA source. However, I am prompted to add the SharePoint list URL as well to the gateway. If the same HANA source is in import mode, I am not prompted to add a gateway.

Could someone shed light on how this works please? Why does SharePoint list require a gateway in case of HANA source being in direct query mode? Is there any workaround to not have the SharePoint list added to the gateway.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mshilendhari
Frequent Visitor

The issue was due to SharePoint site being on premise. We migrated the sharepoint lists to sharepoint online and the issue is fixed. Now only the HANA source requires a gateway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mshilendhari
Frequent Visitor

The issue was due to SharePoint site being on premise. We migrated the sharepoint lists to sharepoint online and the issue is fixed. Now only the HANA source requires a gateway.

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @mshilendhari ,

According to your description, it looks like that you are using an online Sharepoint list, you can try to use the connector Sharepoint Online List rather than Sharepoint List. Actually, it doesn't require a gateway when connect to an online resource.

Best Regards,

Teige

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors