Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vshiva
Frequent Visitor

Gateway Server

I am working on a Power BI Gateway server which serves many reports to variety of users. When I analyse the Processor Performance, I could see that "% Processor time" shot up at times reaching 100% and causing a delay in the refreshes. Looking for any inputs on how to balance the load and keep the % Processor time to less than 80% all the time. Any lead or guidance is very much appreciated. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi vshiva,

"Looking for any inputs on how to balance the load and keep the % Processor time to less than 80% all the time. "

<---- Could you clarify more details about your requirement for further analysis?

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

We are having hundreds of datasets getting scheduled refreshed parallely in Power BI service. At times the Processor time is more than 80% which is affecting the performance of the CPU and the delay in scheduled refreshes. We also faced certain instances where the scheduled refersh was failed as many datasets were getting refreshed simultaneously. 

We already have very good Server Configuration and this problem occurs occasionaly. So, upgrading the CPU might not be possible for us.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors