Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JaneLHunt
Helper II
Helper II

Gateway Server version 3000.21.18 published twice?

Hello

On 6 Jan 2019, I updated the On Premise Data Gateway Server software to the December 2019 version 3000.21.18.

However, today in the Power BI Service, under Manage Gateways the following message appears:

"There is a newer gateway version available.  Please upgrade to benefit from the latest features.  You can get the latest gateway version here"

I clicked on the link which took me to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53127

At this url, the Date Published says 17 Jan 2020 BUT the version number is still 3000.21.18.

Has the December Gateway Software been updated since its initial release, or is this the January version?  Why has it still got the same version number as the initial December release?  Do I need to install this same version number but with this January publication date?

Many thanks

Jane

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

There is certainly an update to the Gateway. The latest version I have is shown below.

image.png

I would suggest clicking on the link which should take you to the latest version.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JaneLHunt ,

On-premised Gateway version 3000.21.18 didn't be published twice. Version 3000.21.18 is the initial release version number of December 2019. Haven't found any update log about Jan 2020.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premises-data-gateway-december-2019-update-is-now-availa....

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

There is certainly an update to the Gateway. The latest version I have is shown below.

image.png

I would suggest clicking on the link which should take you to the latest version.

Power BI Blog

Hi Gilbert

Thanks for your message. 

So there is a 2nd release of the December 2019 Gateway software with version number of 3000.21.22.

I was confused by the fact that in the Power BI Service,  the url site I was sent to to for the latest version of the Gateway Software showed the old version number 3000.21.18 (December 2019, Release 1) , but with a Date Published of 17 Jan 2020, as shown below:

Capture.JPG
Also, there didn't seem to be any announcement about this so wasn't sure whether to install this or not.

I have now downloaded the software from here, and once installed, it does show the version to be 3000.21.22.

Thanks once again for your help.

Kind regards

Jane

It was a little confusing to be honest.

Glad you got the latest version installed.

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors