Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shunsho
Frequent Visitor

Gateway Online but Failed to use it

Dear Sirs:

I made a report on Power Bi Desktop, and then shared it into the cloud workspace.
When I use the "on-premises Data Gateway (personal mode)" I don't have any problem to refresh the data.
I had to change to the "on-premises data gateway" (not personal mode), so I have to configure first the gateway (on the web app, into the "manage gateways" menu), and then create each data source on this gateway.
The report have 2 ODBC data source and 6 excel files, all of them appears "Connection Successful" when I create them. The gateway that have all of this data source appear online too ("online: your are good to go").
When I went to the Dataset of my report (the dataset with the same name of the report), and go to the settings of the scheduled refresh, on the gateway connection available appear the gateway that i created....appears "online". when I tried to select it and then apply, show me a popup with the message

Something went wrong

Failed to use the selected gateway. Please make sure the gateway is up and running and try again.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Show technical details

Activity ID43236eee-a7f4-dc26-43e0-19c9f01d6c1a
Request IDc3e5a48f-bad0-7c3e-b64d-4a946c004a69
Correlation IDd28ea32b-8d39-ede8-3617-825c84a9cbed
Status code400
TimeMon Aug 21 2017 18:18:34 GMT-0300 (Hora verano Sudamérica Pacífico)
Version13.0.2136.177
Cluster URIhttps://wabi-south-central-us-redirect.analysis.windows.net

What is wrong? the gateway is online, the data sources are ok, and the dataset recognize the data gateway (and of course all the data sources).
Thank you for your help.
BEst Regards,
shunsho

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
shunsho
Frequent Visitor

Well.....finally I got a solution.
I had a problem in the permissions. I revoked the permission of the native querys (ODBC) and then I gave a permission one by one.
Also, I had a difference between the privacy level of the sources on the Power BI Desktop and the data sources of the Gateway...that I suppouse that gave me some problems too.

Thank you!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
shunsho
Frequent Visitor

Well.....finally I got a solution.
I had a problem in the permissions. I revoked the permission of the native querys (ODBC) and then I gave a permission one by one.
Also, I had a difference between the privacy level of the sources on the Power BI Desktop and the data sources of the Gateway...that I suppouse that gave me some problems too.

Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors