Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DoubleJ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Gateway Login using 2 factor authentication

Hi

For a customer I'm trying to install the Data Gateway. Installation worked fine but I get stuck when I try to sgin in to register the gateway. They use 2 factor authentication from Duo. 

I can enter my login information, then very briefly the Duo 2FA screen flickers before I get the message "Failed to sign in. Please verify your credentials and try again".

I can however login to the Power BI Service using Chrome with 2FA on the same machine.

Any ideas how to solve this? Thanks alot in advance!

Login Error.png

1 REPLY 1
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. There is trick when using MFA against apps. You have to create an "App Password". It is a password generated for the account that can be used to login in Microsoft Apps. I think that will solve this issue. You can use that password for the same account when trying to login in apps like Gateway. Check this doc out to understand how to create it
https://github.com/Huachao/azure-content/blob/master/articles/multi-factor-authentication/multi-fact...

I think this might be an Office 365 scenario.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

November Power BI Update 768x460.png

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2021 Updates!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors