Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cassidy
Power Participant
Power Participant

Gateway Issue

Anyone out there having possible Gateway issues on the US West Coast?

Around 6 a.m. PST, my normal 2 minute Service to Gateway Dataflow ran for 2 hours without completing, can't get it to go through.

Updated/restarted Gateway.  Query runs fine locally without a Gateway/Service involved.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A mind-blowing 24 hours.

The issue resolved on it's own 24 hours later, Microsoft rep could not come up with a cause.

I had a copy of the Dataflow running in a different Workspace in the same Capacity, 0 issues over the 24 hours, while the original continued to perform terribly (as much as 5 hours longer to refresh).

This led us to believe it was literally the Workspace itself with an issue, yet nothing about that Workspace changed or differed from the others.  No idea.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
bcdobbs
Super User
Super User

I had a weird issue yesterday where a normally quick data flowrepeatedly hung in the same way.

Mine was running in a premium per user workspace. I dropped the workspace to pro and then put it back and all was fine again. Did post on the forum but had no responses.

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

This is a Premium Per Capacity workspace.  That's kinda terrifying to drop it to Pro and put it back as it's a critical workspace...any possible issues doing that?

Mine was a small set of dataflows with no actual models! Afraid I couldn't comment on implications without knowing data volumes and any incremental load setups.

Ben Dobbs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Just to be clear the fix that worked for me might be completely unrelated. I wondered if my issue was something to do with the enhanced compute engine.

You could try turning it off on just that dataflow and back on?

bcdobbs_0-1639075760013.png

As said, no firm envidence but it might help and is safer than changing something at workspace level.

Ben Dobbs

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Tried both the Premium to Pro to Premium and the Engine with no luck.

What does work is rebuilding the Dataflow in a different Premium Workspace.

Datasets in the Workspace with issues seem to work, Dataflows do not.

Okay, well it seems to now have started working.  I don't know why, all other Workspaces worked fine during this period, even those with Dataflows hitting the same source.  That leaves me thinking there was a 4-5 hour issue with this particular Workspace if that is even possible!

Weird morning

It's back to going in the wronggg direction, each refresh is longer than the last.  Something is very strange.  I've opened a Ticket and will report back if I learn anything.

cassidy_0-1639082133020.png

A mind-blowing 24 hours.

The issue resolved on it's own 24 hours later, Microsoft rep could not come up with a cause.

I had a copy of the Dataflow running in a different Workspace in the same Capacity, 0 issues over the 24 hours, while the original continued to perform terribly (as much as 5 hours longer to refresh).

This led us to believe it was literally the Workspace itself with an issue, yet nothing about that Workspace changed or differed from the others.  No idea.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors