Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hnguyen76
Resolver II
Resolver II

Gateway Invalid Connection Credentials

Good morning,
I need advice and suggestions as I'm honestly lost here.

I built a very simple query that ingests two folders from an on-premise file server. We use a central gateway to connect to it  the data source location and it refrehes perfectly via Desktop but when I attempt to refresh it via Service it's throwing a credential issue with the sample appended table.

gateway_mashup_crederr.png

The thing is if I remove the append, the refresh works perfectly. It's only when I'm appending the two tables together that it's causing issues. Both sources have their privacy settings to "Organizational". Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's bizarre, does it also happen if you append as new?

Yep. Any append I do will throw a fit. I thought it was a naming convention or folder location path but I renamed / created new folder location and still same issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, if you were to reference the two documents that you're appending, then append the two referenced documents (rather than the originals), does that cause the same error? 

Yep. All the same error. In fact, I build stage queries before I do any merge / appends. =(

EDIT: I'm noticing that the Service adds a few characters to my location. I'm noticing case change, added period, added backslash that I didn't have in my query:
gw_ErrAppend.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors