Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

elty
Regular Visitor

Gateway Folder Source does not see any file changes

I have a report with a Folder source.  One of the table will look at all files in the network folder, combine them and generate a data table.  When I add or remove files from that folder, I can hit Refresh in PowerBI Desktop and it will load the new data.

I published this report to PowerBI service.  I setup a data source on the gateway and map it accordinly.  The gateway test connection told me it is ok.  However, refreshing no longer works - it doesn't tell me any error message, but data remains the same,

I have verifired the network path is accessible from the server where the gateway is installed.  The credential is also correct.

5 REPLIES 5
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @elty ,

>>When I add or remove files from that folder, I can hit Refresh in PowerBI Desktop and it will load the new data.

From your screenshots, the data refresh is ok. Before you publish to Power BI Service, have you saved the pbix file after adding or removing files from that folder?

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have tried two scenario

Have two files in the folder, publish, then remove one file and refresh.

Have one file in the folder, publish, then add one file and refresh.

Both doesn't update the number.  It only affect the report using the folder data source.

Refreshing on PowerBI Desktop works.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

" it doesn't tell me any error message" - i would challenge that.  go to the scheduled refresh page for the dataset and see what the Refresh History says, both for Service and OneDrive.

It won't let me directly paste an image so.

https://pasteboard.co/JhQi0qE.png

https://pasteboard.co/JhQisix.png

refreshes completed successfully. Check for logic errors in your report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors