Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcarville
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Gateway Error - Cannot be added to gateway

Hi there,

I've configured an enterprise gateway that connects to a SQL Server and refreshed fine. I recently added a new data source using a Dataflow that connects to the same SQL Server and is using the same enterprise gateway, and am now getting the following error:

Capture2.PNG

Has anyone else came across this error?

Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

I took my reports off the service, rebuilt the dataflow and uploaded them again. It seemed to have fixed the issue, still not sure what caused the failure but the classic on/off approach has saved the day again.

View solution in original post

Thanks.

I took a different approach. Too troubleshoot, I turned off all the 'include in report refresh" in power query for the tables connected to a dataflows. Uploaded and to and check to see if refresh worked. It did. Then I turned them all back on, and everything worked.

Dataflows are still in beta, seems to be a bug. But at least now I can combine data from multiple excel online spreadsheets.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
karo
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi,

Any new solutions came up? rebuilding dataflows is not a friendly one...

regards,

karo

KilianM
Frequent Visitor

I tried the two solutions you presented (as i understood) :

- Turned off all the 'include in report refresh" in power query for the tables connected to a dataflows. Uploaded and to and check to see if refresh worked. It did. Then I turned them all back on, and everything worked.

- Took my reports off the service, rebuilt the dataflow and uploaded them again

None of these two propositions solved the issue. Are there new solutions you found recently ?

Thanks

Best regards,

Kilian

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this new source on the same SQL Server but within a different database?  If so, you'll need to configure another gateway connection for this database.

Hi @Anonymous, appreciate the reply.

Both of the sources are within the same database and I have a Pro account.

Could it have anything to do with permissions and privacy levels? Both data sources have a privacy level of organisational and the gateway also has organisational as its privacy level.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on that, everything should be ok.  There must be something else at play.

I took my reports off the service, rebuilt the dataflow and uploaded them again. It seemed to have fixed the issue, still not sure what caused the failure but the classic on/off approach has saved the day again.

I'm getting this error as well. What do you mean by rebuild the dataflow? Delete the dataflow and set it up again? And then reconnect your report to the dataflow.

A bit of hasstle for me to re setup my dataflows.

That's what I did and it worked for me, deleting the dataflow and setting it up again, a bit of a pain I know

Thanks.

I took a different approach. Too troubleshoot, I turned off all the 'include in report refresh" in power query for the tables connected to a dataflows. Uploaded and to and check to see if refresh worked. It did. Then I turned them all back on, and everything worked.

Dataflows are still in beta, seems to be a bug. But at least now I can combine data from multiple excel online spreadsheets.

Hi all, 

I have the same issue and I have also done what you have suggested here. However, In my case it is still giviming this error. 

Any other thoughts? Or I may be missing one step on my configuration.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Oscar

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors