Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

asl10
Helper I
Helper I

Gateway Does not work for my Oracle Datasourse but other datasources work

Words are poor! See the pictures and you will understand! I'm frustrated with this:Capture.PNGCapture1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi again,

Thank you for your contributions. I found it. I watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDeidwm6Xr8 and I went and checked my datasources from Power BI desktop. Because I m using 3 tables as seperate datasources for my report I had setup 3 datasources on the gateway. It seems that one of them had the wrong path from the one on the desktop. 

Just copy the paths from the Data Source settings on the desktop and use the same ones on the gateway!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @asl10,

You can try to use On-premises data gateway, it can works with oracle database:

Reference links:

On-premises data gateway

Manage your data source - Oracle

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for your reply.

If you see the pictures, I'm alreday using On-premises data gateway. it works for everything else exept my oracle datasourse.

Of course being said that, when i first implemented my report it was working!

No that i have edited the query and added some other tables from files, calculated columns and measures it does not refresh at all! 

i do not know if this is the problem. But i have all the files used and others being refresh just fine from the gateway!

Hi @asl10,

You can try below methods to ensure where the issue is.

1. Change the domain/PC and test to connect your database and refresh data.

If it works, the issue may related to network/PC.

2. Check the dataset refresh history and the local gateway log.
If the log or history list contain the error log please share some detail content of this.

3. Try use other power bi account to connect your oracle database and refresh data.
If it works on other user's account, the issue may related to your account.

4. Try to use sqlplus or other tools to access the oracle database(test on current PC and other PCs).

If the tools also can't access to the database, the issue may related to your database.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi again,

Thank you for your contributions. I found it. I watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDeidwm6Xr8 and I went and checked my datasources from Power BI desktop. Because I m using 3 tables as seperate datasources for my report I had setup 3 datasources on the gateway. It seems that one of them had the wrong path from the one on the desktop. 

Just copy the paths from the Data Source settings on the desktop and use the same ones on the gateway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors