Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

srlabhe123
Post Patron
Post Patron

Gateway- Data source issue

Hi Team,

When I create a connection in Power BI desktop with ODBC connection string and System DSN it works well.

But when I create Data Source for same Report in Gateway the datasource does gets connected but while schduling refresh the same gateway does not reflect in list.

For Ex :- I have created Gateway Non-FDC which has 3 data sources which report XYZ has.Now when I try to schedule same report with Non-FDC gateway, it nowhere list that Gateway Option to select.

Please note the ODBC connection created at Desktop level is with System DSN and connection string. While same DSN & connection string I have mentioned for creating the data source.

Kindy help

2 REPLIES 2
ThisIsFalse
Resolver I
Resolver I

Did you give yourself admin/usage privliages to the gateway? Did you set up the DSN's on the machine the gateway is installed on? 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @srlabhe123,

I'm not so sure for your datasource, can you please explain 'FDC' and 'DSN'?

In addition, it will be help if you provide some detail content to help us clarify your scenario.

For e.g. datasource type, connect mode, credentials, datasource settings, refresh log and history, screenshots...

Troubleshooting the on-premises data gateway

13.PNG

Reference links:

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

BTW, current power bi not support to use on premise gateway to host mixed online and on-premise data sources.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors