Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

catcollector
Helper I
Helper I

Gateway Cluster

catcollector_1-1630446994970.png

We have two gateways. Each Gateway connecting to different environment (sandbox vs. prod). We have an odbc driver defined -- awsathena for both sandbox and prod. The only difference between these two are the credentials (Access and Secret key). When we open a dataflow, type in dsn=awsathena, it always defaults to sandbox gateway (the first gateway in the screenshot). If we want to use the dsn=awsathena from prodexp gateway we have to select the prodexp gateway. Except, we keep receiving "Invalkid Credentials" message when we try to use this connection.

catcollector_2-1630447723761.png

I am wondering if the issue is because we have awsathena data source in two gateways and since the first one defaults as soon as I type "dsn=awsathena", it's somehow caching the credentials? Or you cannot have the same datasource name across multiple gateways?

I am certain it's not the credentials because I created another data source using the exact same access and secret key as the awsathena in prodexp gateway called aws-athena-prod-exploratory and this connection works. The only difference is the data source name...

Any feedback? Or has another encountered a similar situation?

1 REPLY 1
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @catcollector ,

You can try clearing your browser cache and see if it works. Have you tried using this gateway for a dataset? Can the dataset be refreshed successfully?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors