Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gateway Cluster issue

Hi,

I had one gateway installed on a windows server with data sources configured.

I installed one more gateway on another physical machine and added to existing gateway. But when I am disabling first gateway, reports are not getting refreshed with second gateway. It's giving error. Also, if I checlk this option "Distribute requests across all active gateways in the cluster", report is not getting refreshed, it's giving error. Please assist.Thanks.

gateway_error_cluster.JPG.

8 REPLIES 8
m-colbert
Resolver II
Resolver II

I would agree with @Greg_Deckler. What is this datasource that is causing the error?  Ihad a similar problem when setting up a new cluster and one of the machines was missing a HANA ODBC driver. 

Disabling other cluster memebers and testing refreshes is a perfectly acceptable method for making sure the cluster is wokring properly. 

Hope this helps.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

The gateway must be online when you refresh, for one machine you can only run 1 enterprise gateway at a time. Try login and run the two gateways on difference machines, usually you can connect to the datasources on any machine within your company.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for you reply.

Yes, Gateways are online. Both Gateways working fine on individual machine. But when adding 2nd Gateway in cluster, reports are

not getting refreshed from 2nd Gateway (after disabling 1st Gateway).Drivers are installed.

@Anonymous 
Sorry I didn't get your problem correctly. So what do you mean by disable the first gateway? Remove it from the cluster?

In order to let the report refresh through the 2nd gateway, you need to go to Setting => Dateset, select the dataset of the reports to re-configure the gateway connection, usually you can map to the 2nd gateway.

mange dataset gateway.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Requirement: We already have one Gateway installed in one windows server. We have installed one more Gateway on another windows server machine and added in the Gateway cluster.

Requirement is these Gateways should work in Cluster. If we Gateway server is not avialble (stopped or if that Gateway is machine has some issue), report should get refreshed automatically from 2nd Gateway.

Disabling means disabling one of the Gateway from admin.Please refer to screenshot below.

disable gateway.JPG

https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com

Also, if I stop the Gateway services from Task Manager and refresh the report, it's giving error.

Please refer to screenshot  below.

Stop GatewayStop Gateway

Anonymous
Not applicable

Were you able to find a solution?  I'm trying to achieve the same but didn't find any docs about it.

Any resolution on this? 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Seems like you maybe do not have a certain driver or something installed on the gateway required by a data source. Maybe an ODBC connection?

You could check the Issues forum here:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

And if it is not there, then you could post it.

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors