Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BartEdgerton
Advocate I
Advocate I

Gateway Cluster Name

There are lots and lots of instructions on installing the gateway service, but nothing on what I'm supposed to put for "Gateway Cluster Name" under "Manage Gateways".

This was working fine, but stopped working, I have tried reconfiguring, uninstalling, reinstalling the new version, reconfiguring..ad nauseum.. It's working fine on my server, but I don't know what I'm supposed to put in the gateway configuration in the Power BI service.  I've tried everything I can think of and all I get is the same error over and over:

None of gateway instances within this cluster are connected. Please find more details below about specific errors for each gateway instance.Hide details

Activity ID:1bfedad8-392d-536b-072e-dec6bbd9ad20
Request ID:d96718d6-bdb3-f954-74c7-904c84e9ce58
Cluster URI:https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Status code: 
Time:Mon Aug 06 2018 16:42:47 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.6199.204
bedgerton:Gateway on endpoint '<ii>sb://wabi-us-north-central-relay9.servicebus.windows.net/f373a6e7-dccd-4ad9-a8ee-acb53e346c97/</ii>' is unreachable.
4 REPLIES 4
gamos
Frequent Visitor

I also need a simple answer to the question: how do I find out what "gateway cluster name" to use when adding a New data source to my gateway:

gamos_0-1676502444170.png

I am using a personal on-premises data gateway. Version number: 3000.154.3 (December 2022)
I need some direction in how I find out what the Gatewaty cluster name could be, or even what the gateway cluster name looks like. Is it something like this?:
g0-prod-yt1-001-sb.servicebus.windows.net    

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @BartEdgerton,

Under Manage Gateways in the Power BI service, if you are the administrator, you would see the list of registered clusters or individual gateways, but do not see the individual gateway instances that are members of the cluster. You just need to add data source to the wanted gateway cluster. Clustering the Power BI Data Gateway for High Availability (and Low visibility?)

Besides, what operation lead to above error message?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

My data sources stopped refreshing.  I went to Manage Gateways, I am administrator, It only allows 1 gateway cluster, and there is a yellow warning icon next to it and I get the error message when I click "Show details", I got the message in my previous post.  I tried installing the new version on the same host, but that failed, and I can't remove it, I can't install on another machine because it says the name is already in use.

It appears that I have to delete all my data sources, delete the existing gateway from the service, but I still don't know how to remove it completely from the servers where it is installed?  Some remnant is apparenently left behind that prevents me from registering the same gateway from even a different machine entirely, and I can't get the existing instance to work either.

Did you get this problem solved? How?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors